How to make detergent
Detergent is well known in most Nigerian homes.
Detergent is used for washing clothes,most especially to remove stains in white clothes. It comes in plain white or powder blue depending on the colour you want.
Detergent is easy to make and you can actually make large quantity of detergent with little amount.
Materials needed :
Palm kernel oil -10 litres
Soda solution – 5 litres
Soda ash(light)- 15 kilogram
Ammonia solution – 1/2 litre
Colour – 2 bottles top- blue or any colour you like
Hydrogen peroxide- 3 litres
Perfume – one tomato tin.- you can use lemon or strawberry fragrance.
Procedures on how to make the detergent
1. Pour your Palm kernel oil into a bucket.
2. Add colour to it.
3. Also add your ammonia solution to it
4. Add your perfume into it
5. Pour the soda solution into it and stir very well till it forms paste.
6. Add the soda ash (light) into it.
7. Pour into your hydrogen peroxide and stir very well, leave it inside the drum for six hours for the chemical reaction to take place fully before spread into the sun for drying.
Note that if you are doing white detergent you don’t need to add colour to it.
Whatever colour u want your detergent to bring out,
add it in your preparation
Each of the chemicals have the function they perform.
*Hydrogen peroxide – acts as a catalyst in facilitating the rate of the reaction; transforming them to powder.
*Ammonia solution – aids the hydrogen peroxide in transforming the chemicals to powder.
*perfume gives fragrance to your detergent.
Follow on Instagram Oluwakemi_blog for more tutorials