Rainbow cake recipe.
Rainbow cake is becoming popular especially with children ordering for it for their birthdays.
The taste is unique and makes you ask for more.
* 3 cups of flour
* 1 and half teaspoon of baking powder.
* 1 and half cup of sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon of salt
* 1 cup of butter.
* 1 tablespoon of vanilla flavour
* 1 cup of milk
* Red , orange, yellow, green, blue , purple, food Colour.
For butter cream frosting.
*1 cup of shortening
*1cup of butter.
* 1 cup of sugar
*2 of teaspoons vanilla
* 5 tablespoons of milk
*Pre- heat the oven to 350°F.
*In large bowl, beat your butter and sugar until it is fluffy, you can use electric mixer.
* Then add your flour, eggs, baking powder, salt, milk and mix with electric mixer.
* Divide batter evenly among 6 small bowls, about 1 and half cup each.
*Add food colours to each of the bowl : in bowl 1 add red colour.
*In bowl 2 add Orange colours.
* In bowl 3 add yellow colour
*In bowl 4 add green colour
*In bowl 5 add blue colour
*In bowl 6 add purple colour
* Bake in oven for 30 minutes
*In large bowl, beat shortening and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light yellow. Then, gradually beat in powdered sugar. Add in vanilla, milk, until it becomes smooth.
* You need to trim rounded tops off cakes to level.
* Place purple cake layer. Spread with frosting within 1/4 inch of the edge.
* Repeat with other colours like blue, green, yellow, orange and red cake layers. Then spread light coat of frosting on top and side of cake to seal in the crumbs, then frost with remaining frosting.