How to make aleewa
Aleewa is a popular sweet or candy popular with children born around 80’s -90’s.
It comes in different colours, some of us used our feeding money to buy it back then.
Here is an easy way to make your aleewa.
* 50ml of water
* Food colouring-one tablespoon, you can use any colour you want.
* 20cl of corn water.
* Soak a little quantity of corn flour into water for 2 days. It is the water that becomes corn water, which you will be using
* Put pot on fire, add sugar, add water,let it boil.
* Add corn water.
* Add food colouring
* Mix together,let it continue to boil, until you see something like a crystal forming. it begins to caramelize.
* Pour the mixture on a flat surface like a clean table leave for up to 30 seconds.
* Use spoon to start dragging the mixture on the table ,till it comes together as one.
* Then look for an iron rod or anywhere you can hang it, ( make sure, it is clean) begin to stretch it and pull it and wrapping it around the hook.
* Use knife to cut into desired sizes.
Keep on doing before it gets cold, your aleewa is ready.
Photo credit: Google